Sr. Sales Applications Engineer - Germany
This Sr. Sales Application Engineer is a technical, customer-facing position supporting market development, customer and business partner training, and business pursuit activities throughout Europe. This role requires customer focus, a thorough understanding of the product, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and an exceptional level of interpersonal skills combined with technical proficiency. The individual must be proactive in identifying customer and market efforts that are most likely to bear results, and keep Maxwell and San Diego colleagues informed on progress and issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. The daily role will involve, as part of the Sales team, interacting with prospects and customers to position, demonstrate and provide technical sales support for all Maxwell ultracapacitor products.
2. Through close technical interface with customers, develop a thorough understanding of customer requirements and provide feedback to the Product Development organization.
3. Partner with the sales team to prioritize a large number of opportunities and provide technical support in the form of pre-sales presentations, sizing application opportunities, sampling, and testing through the close of the sale.
4. Develop close relationships with key technical contacts in Maxwell’s European customer base
5. Lead a design effort when the customer is reliant on our engineering talent. Additionally, assist with integration and qualification stages of sales product adoption with customers who may need to see the "entire solution” before committing to a sale.
6. Identification and development of new application opportunities for Maxwell products and technology, with required customer support to develop and promote the value proposition to the end user
7. Understand customer applications and work with the customer to determine or define the appropriate Maxwell product to meet his/her needs
8. Ensure that the customer’s requirements will be satisfied in the following areas:
d. Mounting and Environmental
e. System Integration
9. Provide feedback to Sales, Marketing, and Engineering on customer needs for new products or product derivatives
10. Help educate the sales team in the substantive details of new technical specifications in layman’s terms.
11. Initiate continuous improvement and value engineering initiatives (internally and with the customer)
12. Write White Papers and Application Notes for internal and external audiences
13. This position requires the incumbent to travel to customer locations with the key account manager team both as a team member and as a leader. In addition, hosting customer visits is a natural extension of this person’s basic responsibilities.
14. Work with Technical Writers to create training materials on Maxwell products and technologies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLLS & ABILITIES:
1. Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, with a minimum of ten years of product development or application engineering experience. A Mechanical Engineering background is acceptable if the candidate has sufficient background in electrical and electronic systems
2. Product design experience in a high-volume industry such as automotive, trucking, or industrial equipment
3. Experience in working directly with customers in a technical role
1. Understanding of electrical/electronic systems and their integration into physical systems
2. Understanding of basic Mechanical Engineering principles as applied to the installation of electrical/electronic systems (thermal management, vibration, etc.)
3. Established competency with system simulation programs and techniques (Spice, Matlab/Simulink and/or Simplorer)
4. Prior project management experience is very helpful
1. Excellent communication and customer relationship skills
2. Technical problem-solving skills to solve a variety of
technical problems using engineering fundamentals
3. Consultative solutions-based approach to problem solving and communication
1. Good interpersonal skills to facilitate successful customer relationships
2. Ability to communicate well in both written and oral settings
3. Ability to work in a fast-paced, multiple priority environment
4. Disposition to drive assignments to closure in a timely fashion
5. Ability to meet deadlines and targets
6. Proactive and self-motivated
7. Cross functional team experience
8. The desire to learn and advance
9. A positive mind-set
10. "Never give up” attitude - perseverance
11. An out-going personality
12. Willingness to take on new challenges
13. Ability to travel frequently
Please send resume to Dave Stehwien at dstehwien@Maxwell.com