ESM ULTRA 31/900
Whether the medium duty trucks in your fleet are step vans, package cars, utility vehicles, lease/rental trucks or food & beverage delivery trucks, Maxwell has the solution to your jump-start and stranded vehicle headaches.
Don’t leave starting to batteries. The ULTRA 31/900 Engine Start Module from Maxwell Technologies provides high power to start your truck consistently – potentially for the life of your truck.
Replace a battery or add the Engine Start Module to a heavy duty truck for reliable starting from -40°F to 149°F (-40°C to +65°C)
Features and Benefits
- 900 Cold Cranking Amps (3-sec start) provides Engine Start reliability
- No lead. No acid
- Improves overall system power performance
- Shock & vibration resistant
- Built-in overcharge protection
- Low total cost of ownership
- Cold weather reliability down to -40°F
- Faster cranking
- Industry standard BCI Group 31 form factor
- Recharges fully in less than 8 minutes |
(Initial charge is 15 minutes or less)
- Long-life - limited 4 year full replacement warranty**
- Assembled in the U.S.A
|ESM SPECIFICATIONS (12V)
||Medium Duty (Class 3 – 6)
|Diesel Engine Size
||4L to 9.9L
|Input Voltage (B+) Terminal
||10 - 18 V
|Output voltage (max.)
|Cold cranking amps1
||900 CCA (3 sec. crank)
|Maximum recharge time
|| 8 minutes (recharge from battery at 20 A)
||BCI Group 31
13”L x 6 13/16” W x 9 7/16” H
(330mm L x 173mm W x 240mm H)
|| SAE 3/8"-16 UNC, 3 each
|| Designed for heavy truck battery box environments
|| 16 lbs (7.3kg)
|| 25 A max. (from battery)
(< 10ma when fully charged)
1. CCA = C x (Vmax - Vmin) / (T + C x ESR)
2. Peak Power = V2max / (4 x ESR)
3. The vehicle starter solenoid must be the only connection to the STARTER+ terminal. May require new cable to connect cab loads/alternator to batteries.
C = 500 F (min.) Vmax = 16.2 V (for 0° C) Vmin = 7.2 V (per SAE)
T = 3 sec. ESR = 0.004 Ohm (max.)
INSTALL THE ESM IN JUST 5 EASY STEPS1. Disconnect cable(s) connecting the batteries o the starter, and remove one battery.
2. Install the ESM and connect the negative battery cable to the BATTERY - terminal of the ESM.
3. Connect the existing cable(s) from the Starter Solenoid to the STARTER + terminal of the ESM.
4. Connect Cable from the primary Battery Positive terminal to the BATTERY + terminal of the ESM.
5. Initial Charge - The ESM takes up to 15 minutes for an iintial charge.
6. See the ESM Installation Video Here