K2 2.85V/3400F Cell
The 2.85-volt, 3400-farad cell is Maxwell’s highest capacitance offering. Compared to the 2.7V/3000F cell, it has 17% more power and 23% more energy, making it an ideal choice for demanding applications. It also incorporates Maxwell’s DuraBlue™ Advanced Shock and Vibration Technology. Products with DuraBlue technology are tested to some of the most demanding environmental requirements for transportation, increasing vibrational resistance by approximately three times and shock immunity by four times when compared to ultracapacitor-based competitive offerings.The 2.85V/3400F cell offers the following benefits:
- Reliable performance in severe shock and vibration environments, including public transit vehicles and heavy transportation
- Extended power and energy availability for longer periods of propulsion in automotive subsystems
- Fast response for critical information in UPS/backup power applications and in grid applications
- Protection for critical operation when dips, sags and outages occur in the main power source
- Relieves batteries of peak power functions
- Electrostatic storage capability that can cycle a million charges and discharges without performance degradation
- Can operate on its own or in tandem with batteries
- Reduction in overall system costs and improvements in space and energy efficiency
The K2 2.85V/3400F cell features a 60 mm diameter cylindrical design. The cells are available in quick- and easy-to-implement threaded terminals or in compact, weldable terminals.
Maxwell Technologies’ K2 ultracapacitor cell recognized on EDN’s Hot 100 Products of 2014
Maxwell Technologies’ K2 ultracapacitor cell with DuraBlue™ Advanced
Shock and Vibration Technology was recognized as one of EDN’s Hot 100 Products of 2014, within the components category. EDN’s editors and readers selected the winners from the thousands of technology products announced during the past year, with only the hottest trending and emerging technologies making the final cut. The EDN Network is an electronics community for engineers, electronics industry leaders, manufacturers, distributors, technical service providers and engineering novices.
Click here to read EDN’s spotlight on Maxwell’s 2.85 volt, 3400 farad ultracapacitor cell for the transportation industry.
- BCAP3400 P285 K04
- BCAP3400 P285 K05
- Automotive subsystems
- Hybrid vehicles
- Heavy industrial equipment
- Hybrid and Plug-in Hybrid Bus
- Wind turbine pitch control
- UPS & telecom systems
*Results may vary. Additional terms and conditions, including the limited warranty, apply at the time of purchase.
See the datasheet, warranty details and enclosed information for applicable operating and use requirement.
- Up to 1,000,000 duty cycles or 10 year DC life*
- Highest power and energy
- Up to 18 kW/kg of specific power
- Up to 4Wh of stored energy
- Threaded terminals or laser-weldable posts